Sunday, June 14, 2009

June 14, 2009

Well it's been a nice weekend so far. Friday night Brandon and I went and had dinner with my sister and neice. We went to a chinese buffet and it was pretty good. Brandon was his normal flirty self. That boy is something else for sure. We then decided to go to the Dollar Tree and I picked up a few nice things. I found a Janet Evanovich book and a really nice gift bag for whatever I end up getting Princess for her baby shower. I know, a bag before the gift is a bit odd!!! LOL. Then we went over and visited with Grandma King for a while. We felt bad that it was so late when we were there but I think she gets lonely at night so she enjoyed the visit.

Then on the way home I did the nice thing and talked with Jim. I met his new wife and she is very sweet and 100% the kind of girl he would totally go for. We talked for a bit but I will admit it was strained, I know now he has my phone number, so lets see if he uses it. I miss having him around, and really wish he would get to know my son better. But, as his mom and I discussed, he needs to make an effort. I put the first foot forward and it's time for him to take the next step.

Saturday Tim and I thought it would be fun to go out to some yard sales. We sadly didn't find much but that could be because there are still a lot of graduation parties going on right now. We went to one sale that had a lot of stuff for Zach so he got some new clothes that will be great for when he starts school. We are banking that we will have custody of him so we're buying what we can now before waiting till the last minute. (Tim is planning on asking the court to allow Zachary to have his belongings from his mothers but we'll see if that happens) We found more at the Goodwill than we did at yard sales. Tim bought a bunch of baseball cards at one sale that he is hoping to get Zach started with collecing. I also found a Seal A Meal for $5 and I've been wanting one of those. So I'm going to go get some of the bags this afternoon. We then went to the Homer Fire Departments Chicken BBQ and I saw two of the girls that I used to babysit. So odd when one of the kids you babysat stands and holds your baby. And not to mention she's married! Miss those girls to death and it was so great to see both of them!

Today Brandon got up at around 8, I usually give him a bottle right when he gets up so he sucked that down but then fell right back to sleep! So he slept until 11. I laid in bed for a while reading One for the Money by Janet Evanovich then decided that I was going to get up and get some cleaning done. I made a pretty good dent on the kitchen when Tim came down and went to mow the yard while it was still cool outside. I got some reorganizing of the pantry done and ran the carpet cleaner over 3 of the cushions of the couch/loveseat. So I'm feeling productive.

I am having a Lia Sophia party on the 20th at 6:30 so that's what a lot of the cleaning is all about. I really want the house to look nice when some of my firends come.

Alright well I'm off to get stuff done.........I have to go get copies made so I can mail out Brandon's birthday party invites! :)

No comments: